Slip and fall accidents can happen to anyone, and they can result in serious injuries in Alabaster that can have a significant impact on a person’s life. When these accidents are the result of someone else’s negligence, it’s possible to file a lawsuit to seek compensation for the damages that have been suffered. Here are some reasons why someone might hire a local injury attorney in Anniston and sue for a slip and fall accident:
- The property owner or manager was negligent: In order to be successful in a slip and fall lawsuit, it’s necessary to prove that the property owner or manager was negligent in maintaining the property. This can include things like failing to clean up spills in a timely manner, failing to fix broken floor tiles or handrails, or failing to adequately light an area. If the property owner or manager knew or should have known about the hazard that caused the accident and failed to take action to fix it, they may be considered negligent.
- The injury was serious: Slip and fall accidents can result in a range of injuries, from minor bruises and cuts to more serious injuries like broken bones, head injuries, and spinal cord injuries. If the injury was serious and required medical treatment or resulted in long-term disability or lost wages, it may be worth pursuing a lawsuit to seek compensation for these damages.
- The accident caused significant financial damages: In addition to seeking compensation for medical expenses and lost wages, it’s also possible to seek compensation for other financial damages that have been suffered as a result of the accident. This can include things like the cost of hiring someone to help with household tasks if the injury has left the person unable to perform these tasks themselves, or the cost of adapting their home or vehicle to accommodate a disability.
- The accident was the result of intentional or reckless behavior: In some cases, a slip and fall accident may be the result of intentional or reckless behavior on the part of the property owner or manager. For example, if they intentionally created a hazard or ignored a known hazard, they may be considered negligent. In these cases, it may be possible to seek additional damages beyond those typically awarded in a slip and fall lawsuit.
- The property owner or manager has a history of similar accidents: If the property owner or manager has a history of similar accidents occurring on their property, it may be easier to prove negligence in a slip and fall lawsuit. This is because it suggests that they have a pattern of not properly maintaining the property or addressing hazards, which increases the likelihood that the accident was the result of their negligence.
It’s important to note that each slip and fall case is unique and the specific circumstances of the accident will determine whether or not it’s possible to hire a Shelby County injury lawyer and file a successful lawsuit. If you believe that you have a valid slip and fall claim, it’s important to speak with an attorney to understand your legal options.
Attorney Steven A. Harris regularly blogs in the areas of family law, bankruptcy, and real estate closings on this website. He is always available in any of the firm’s offices or by phone anytime for a consultation. Mr. Harris tries to provide informative information to the public in easily digestible formats. Hopefully you enjoyed this article and feel free to supply any feedback. We appreciate our readers and love to hear from you!